The purpose of this Performance Measure (PM) is to measure the extent of collaboration within local communities. This PM is relevant for a wide variety of projects. Plans and assessments help communities plan for resource use, qualify for targeted funding, and support understanding of conditions and management options. Examples of anticipated subjects include fire protection, water resources, land use, tourism development, habitat surveys and many more.
Likely Project Categories
This PM would likely be applicable for projects in the following categories:
- Site Improvement/Restoration
- Acquisition Projects
Guidance on Applying this PM to Your Project
This is a recommended approach to collecting data and reporting on this PM. If your project requires unique steps or considerations, please discuss them with your SNC project manager.
The data should be collected from project activities. No additional sources are necessary. Identify and report the number of documents produced by your project that meet all of the following criteria:
- They are written documents
- They are developed by at least two organizations that represent different constituencies
- They are provided to stakeholders or the public for review and comment
- They relate to one or more of SNC’s seven program goals
- They are available to the public when complete
This PM requires a very low level of effort and expertise for submittal and tracking. Grantees are expected to expend much less than 40 hours to submit their plans for review by their SNC project manager. No special skill is required to submit a plan for consideration.