2023 WIP Summit
The State of California’s Sierra-Cascade Region: Where We Are, Where We Are Going, and How to Get There
March 1, 2023 | 1 – 4:30 p.m.
California Natural Resources Building, Auditorium
715 P Street, Sacramento
The Sierra Nevada Watershed Improvement Program (WIP) Summit highlights and helps California policymakers connect with Sierra Cascade issues that resonate across the state.
This year we heard from regional leaders talking about the trajectory of California’s Sierra-Cascade region, their work, and how they envision its future.
- Angela Avery, Sierra Nevada Conservancy Executive Officer
- Wade Crowfoot, California Secretary for Natural Resources
Scaling Forest Restoration and Wildfire Resilience: Not Just Why, but How
- Kristen Shive, University of California Cooperative Extension Fuels and Forest Specialist
- Lesley Yen, Inyo National Forest Supervisor
- Janet Hatfield, Whitebark Institute Executive Director
Restoration and Recreation: A Recipe for Revitalization
- Greg Williams, Sierra Buttes Trail Stewardship Executive Director
- Camille Swezy, J&C Enterprises Operations Forester
Win-win Projects: Investing in People and Integrating Values
- Tara Fouch-Moore, Southern Sierra Miwuk Nation Tribal Council Secretary
- Bridget Fithian, Sierra Foothill Conservancy Executive Director
Unfinished Business: Opportunities for a New Legislature
- Bob Wieckowski, California Senator (2014–2022)