Announcements and Updates
The SNC Governing Board approved the FY 2013-14 Grant Guidelines at its June 2013 Board meeting. The Grant Guidelines and the Grant Application Packet were then released to the public to start the grant round. Proposition 84 funds totaling approximately $2.9 million will be awarded to the highest benefit projects that comply with Proposition 84 and SNC mission criteria and support the two focus areas of Healthy Forests and Abandoned Mine Lands.
At the December 2013 Board meeting, the SNC Governing Board approved the Raintree Forest Health Project, a $250,000 Healthy Forests project.
At the March 2014 meeting, the SNC Governing Board approved four Healthy Forests projects totaling over $1.2 million. These projects are:
- American River Canyon Shaded Fuel Break Project
- Sagehen Forest Habitat Restoration Project
- Plumas Community Energy Wood Processing Facility Project
- Soaproot Stewardship Project
At the June 2014 Board meeting, the SNC Governing Board approved the following projects totaling $143,590:
- Oro De Amador Removal Action Workplan Project
- Camptonville Forest Biomass Business Center Feasibility Study
At the September 2014 Board meeting, the SNC Governing Board approved the following projects:
- Providence Mine Remediation Project
- Lily Gap Forest Health Project Phase II
- Alpine County Hazardous Fuels Reduction and Healthy Watershed Project
- Upper Stevens Meadow Restoration Project
- Environs Mining Legacy Assessment Project
- Robinson Mine Project
The award of these six projects brings the total awarded for this grant round to $2.5 million.
General questions regarding SNC's grant program may be directed to the Grants Administration team toll free at (877) 257-1212 or at (530) 823-4670.
To view a map of the grants awarded by the Conservancy, please use this link.